* 20+ years in various leadership roles and disciplines motivating, coaching, and mentoring
* 15+ years experience in IT and systems engineering
* Liaison and mediator for multiple teams across business units
* Multiple performance recognition awards across various industries and disciplines
* Subject Matter Expert for multiple protocols, products, and technologies
* Exceptional troubleshooting, expectation-setting, negotiation, and resolution skills
System Architect at Alcatel-Lucent
October 2000 - Present
* Evaluate and refine requirements and solutions that balance time, scope, and cost
* Interface, integrate, and influence multiple internal and external partners, customers, and departments
* On-boarding, organizing, and leading cross-functional technical groups of diverse personalities and
* Project management for new products and services in a hybrid waterfall/agile environment, including
progress and status reporting
* Proven ability to balance, assess, and track issues, risks, and gain stakeholder consensus within scope
* Application and system monitoring and debugging, local and remote
* Effectively track projects via milestones to assess, communicate, and mitigate risk
* Provide customer pre-sales, support, focus groups, white papers, and webinars
Define requirements, design, develop, and test VitalQIP IP Management software products: GUI, back and
front-end services, and database. Respond to internal and external requests within a global organization,
providing solutions in a timely manner. Development and QA lead/manager. Primary designer and architect
for next-generation IPv6 product. OpenTouch IP phone testing for Unified Communications (UC) solution.
Created, executed, and transitioned automation suites. Manage, on-board, and transition global teams.
Maintain internal lab equipment, services, and architecture.
11 recommendations available upon request
President at Hungry for Something
January 2010 - December 2011 (2 years)
* Business development
* Research, analyze, and implement new technologies
* Integrate Google, Yahoo, and Facebook APIs
* Infrastructure ownership and support
Early recognition and leveraging of Location-based services (LBS) and discount services. Created vision,
strategy, and prototypes making use of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and CMS to provide
extensive food-service search and match database. Created vision, strategy, and prototypes. Initialized and
maintained DNS, DHCP, email, web, database, and data backups.
Director of Information Technology at Magnolias
January 2002 - December 2009 (8 years)
* Design, build, and support Content Management System (CMS) and e-commerce system
* Create and Maintain tracking and reporting system to protect copyrighted media
* Created strategy and implementation for collecting customer data/preferences
* Financial planning and reporting
Implemented and maintained shopping cart system and YourPay integrated API. Created tracking, ranking,
and reporting system for company web content. Maintained email system and automated daily and
on-demand product feed updates. Initialized and maintained DNS, DHCP, email, web, database, and data
backups. Completed and filed financial documents.
4066, Computer systems specialist at United States Marine Corps
December 1996 - December 2000 (4 years 1 month)
* Led and coordinated base-wide migration to Windows NT, including back-office services and desktop
* Created web proxy configuration with database and custom, front-end access application
Migrated Access Database to MS SQL with new, custom front-end interface
* Lead for tape backups and migration to new CommVault backup solution
* Subject matter expert for Windows networking and desktop support, including change management internal
customer relationship building
Deployed and maintained hardware and software infrastructure: routers, switches, physical media, servers,
applications, and backups. Evaluated and approved new products. Developed new processes and applications.
Managed overall help-desk support operations for military base. Motivated and mentored junior team
members. Secret level security clearance.
Teller at WSFS Bank
February 1996 - November 1996 (10 months)
* Responsible for individual cash drawer management.
* Identity confirmation and counterfeit identification
Handle routine deposit and withdrawal transaction in addition to marketing new products and services.
Store Manager at Pizza Hut
September 1988 - November 1996 (8 years 3 months)
* Key role in the successful roll-out of the restaurant’s first delivery operation.
* Created policies, procedures, and atmosphere resulting in 50% operating profit.
* Provided significant staffing for two area Pizza Hut restaurants during management transitions.
On-boarded and maintained a positive customer and employee environment. Mentored teams and individuals.
Created a positive atmosphere for employees while ensuring customer satisfaction through constantly
Teller and Customer Service Associate at Mellon Bank
August 1995 - February 1996 (7 months)
* Backup associate responsible for entire branch cash flow management
Handle routine deposit and withdrawal transaction in addition to marketing new products and services.
Skills & Expertise
Software Quality Assurance
Cross-functional Team Leadership
Agile & Waterfall Methodologies
Diploma, General Studies, 1994 - 1995
University of Maryland University College
Coursework in C++, 1998
information technology software, services, and hardware; Walt Disney; Disney Parks
Senior Product Engineer / Project Manager
11 people have recommended Blaine
"Blaine Elzey possesses a rare combination of deep technical knowledge, enthusiasm for technology, and
customer-friendly charm. Blaine's dedication to understanding new technology and quick development into
the subject matter expert in ENUM was impressive. His expertise contributed immensely to product direction,
sales opportunities, and participation in standards bodies. Whenever a problem popped up, Blaine was always
available to help, from establishing a solution approach to the technical nitty-gritty of getting a DNS server
configured and running. He's a great guy to work with--steps up and brings a sense of humor with him even in
— Dianne Blankenbaker, Systems Engineer, Lucent Technologies, worked with Blaine at Alcatel-Lucent
"Blaine provided excellent support for me when I was a sales engineer supporting VitalQIP. He has strong
technical knowledge, particularly in the IP address management and DNS areas. Blaine is able to
communicate highly technical information in an understandable way, a skill he used not only internally but
also in customer-facing situations. He demonstrated the creativity required to design solutions that solve
specific customer problems. I highly recommend Blaine."
— Lynn Hunt, Sales Engineer, Alcatel-Lucent, worked with Blaine at Alcatel-Lucent
"I have worked with Blaine for over nine years and have had numerous opportunities to interface with him
closely in some very critical situations. I have always been very impressed with his professionalism and his
technical expertise. He has demonstrated an ability to quickly grasp a technical situation and is able to
communicate options and alternatives in an easily understood manner - even if the news is not necessarily
good. This is extremely important in a customer environment that included high level decision makers. He
has always been willing to help external teams be successful for the overall good of the business. He is a very
bright individual that is an asset to any organization."
— Don Galaska, Technical Support Manager, Alcatel-Lucent, managed Blaine indirectly at Alcatel-Lucent
"Blaine Is one of the most innovative engineers that I have had the pleasure to work with. He is a focused
problem solver whose work ethic and commitment to outstanding quality are unmatched. Blaine is always
willing to take on the most challenging tasks and produces timely, first-class results whether working
independently or collaboratively. I highly recommend Blaine and guarantee that he would be a valuable asset
to any organization."
— David Schumacher, Senior Software Engineer, Alcatel-Lucent, worked directly with Blaine at
"Blaine was one of the most knowledgeable engineers I worked with at Lucent. He was the person I went to
when I had technical questions that could not be answered by a Google search. Hope I get a chance to work
with him again."
— Mike Morgan, Senior Software Engineer, Alcatel-Lucent, worked directly with Blaine at Alcatel-Lucent
"Blaine is a dedicated and detail oriented engineer. I always use Blaine as my resource for protocol level
answers to issues that are beyond my scope. I value his technical expertise and ability to follow through to
resolution any issues that cross his desk. He is a bright, motivated engineer that I am always happy to work
— Alexis MacFarlane, Senior Software Engineer, Alcatel-Lucent, worked with Blaine at Alcatel-Lucent
"Blaine is a technically savvy and progressive employee. He works diligently to stay on top of the latest
technologies and IT methodologies. Blaine has proven himself to be extremely versatile in challenging IT
environments. He is a wonderful asset to any company. I highly recommend Blaine."
— Luci Barnitz, Senior Information Product Developer, Alcatel-Lucent, worked directly with Blaine at
"My first impression: Blaine had a strong knowledge of computer networking fundamentals and the drive to
succeed. During the nine years that I worked with Blaine, I watched his knowledge blossom and his creativity
flourish. Blaine's attention to detail and thoroughness have contributed directly to the success of our products
by reducing defects and insuring quality. Blaine's determination and problem solving ability round out his
extensive skill set. I have no hesitation or reservation with offering my recommendation of Blaine."
— Michael Dettinger, Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Alcatel-Lucent, worked directly with Blaine at
"While working in Support and as a QIP consultant I had several opportunities to work with Blaine. I found
Blaine to be extremely knowledgeable and a real team player supporting me and my customers. When issues
were found in the code, Blaine was able to find causes quickly and offer fixes in a timely manner. I would
strongly recommend Blaine."
— Dean Gunther, Q-Agent/Pre-Sales, Alcatel-Lucent, worked with Blaine at Alcatel-Lucent
"Blaine is always pushing the envelope. He increased efficiency at Lucent by automating many procedures.
He takes the time to be wisely innovative and improve systems. When testing software, he is extremely
thorough. I highly recommend Blaine."
— Sue Schearer, User Interface Developer, Lucent Technologies (Alcatel-Lucent), worked with Blaine at
"Blaine is a dedicated, conscientious and extremely capable software engineer. As both a tester and
developer, Blaine could be counted on to perform any task with complete confidence. He learned quickly and
performed at a high level."
— David Langdon, Manager, Quality Control, Lucent Technologies (Alcatel-Lucent), worked with Blaine at
Contact Blaine on LinkedIn